Some of our fellow blogger friends are hosting some events which are helping me in experimenting new recipes and tasting healthy dishes. I have made a curry with soy granules and chopped onions. It tasted very nice. My husband told me that it tasted almost like kima curry (minced meat of lamb). I want to share this recipe with you...
This is my submission to Rajitha of http://hungerpangs.blogspot.com/2008/01/wbb-announcement.html and to Radhi of http://radhiskitchen-radhi.blogspot.com/2008/01/jfi
Soya granules-1 cup
Chopped green chillies-4
Curry leaves-a few
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Red chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Soaked soy granules…
- Soak the soy granules in boiled water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and green chillies finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and fry them until they became soft.
- Squeeze the soy granules and add them to the onions. Mix well and let them fry for two minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt. Sprinkle some water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook until they are done and add the garam masala.
- Turn of the stove and serve with rice and rasam.