This is my submission for AFAM… A Fruit A Month event hosted by Naags of http://cookingandme.blogspot.com/
Cubed papaya-1 bowl
Cardamon powder-a pinch
Chopped pisthachios-1 tablespoon
- Choose a fresh but ripe papaya with orange coloured skin and cut it into cubes.
- Add the papaya cubes and sugar into a heavy bottomed vessel or pan and start heating them on a medium flame. Papaya has a sweet taste, so it needs less sugar.
- Add two tablespoons of ghee and keep stirring. The halwa takes a long time to thicken.
- After the halwa thickens, add the cardamom powder and remaining ghee and mix well.
- Transfer the halwa into a greased plate and garnish with the chopped pisthachios.