The simplest and easiest sweet I make in less time is Ravva Laddoo. My children love these laddoos. But they do not eat the nuts in the laddoos. So I always powder the nuts and make laddoos. Because of this, the colour of the laddoo changes but they taste heavenly.
Ravva or Sooji-3 cups
Dry or fresh coconut (grated)-2tablespoons
Milk-sufficient to make laddoo (1/4 cup)
1. Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and pistachios until brown and keep aside. After they are cooled, grind them into a coarse powder.
2. Now fry the ravva till brown on low flame. Powder the sugar and cardamom and add it to the ravva.
3. Add cashew and pistachio powder, grated coconut and fry it for two minutes and turn off the stove.
4. Mix the ravva with the milk and make them into round balls or laddoos. (Milk should be boiled and cooled before adding to ravva).
5. We can also add almonds and raisins. These laddoos will keep for one week if we do not use wet hands.