Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Green Apple Jam

An apple a day keeps the doctor away :) I bought green apples from the supermarket because I was attracted by their color. Sometimes green apples taste a bit sour and are inedible. I thought of making a jam with those apples.
I have previously posted my recipe for oven-made peach jam: http://dailymeals.blogspot.in/2007/10/peach-jam-biscuits.htm
Today is the seven year Anniversary of my blog :)
Now let me show you how I made the green apple jam :)

                                  

What you need:
Peeled and cubed green apples-2 cups
Sugar-1 1/2 cup
Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
water- 1/4 cup
Cinnamon stick-1/2 an inch (optional)


Preparation:
  1. Place the apple cubes in a microwave safe bowl and add 1/4 a cup of water.. Cook them in the oven for three minutes and then switch it off. Mix it well and add sugar to it. Cook the contents for three more minutes.
  2. Now switch it off, mix it and give a two-minute break. Cook it again for three minutes in the oven and give another break. Mix it and add the cinnamon stick.
  3. Cook again for three minutes. It took me 15-16 minutes to thicken the jam.
  4. Take the bowl out and let it cool. Take out the cinnamon stick and add the lemon juice. Mix the jam properly and store it in a glass jar. 
  5. Refrigerate the jam and use whenever you need it. Serve it to children with bread, chapathi or even dosa. Enjoy the homemade, healthy and yummy Green Apple Jam :)

Note: You can add one tablespoon of ghee or oil to prevent the jam from sticking to the bowl while cooking. And you can also blend the apple cubes and then cook the pulp with sugar. 

No comments: