Califlower-a few florets
Curry leaves-a few
Ginger-1 small piece
Cinnamon-a small piece
Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
Oil or ghee-2 tablespoons
1. Wash and cut the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
3. Fry them for a few seconds and add carrot cubes, califlower florets, green chilli, curry leaves and onion.
4. Fry them on a medium flame and add 4 cups of water.
5. Boil the water and add salt.
6. Lower the flame and add sooji by continuously stirring to prevent the formation of lumps.
7. Cook it for 3-4 minutes and turn off the stove.
8. Serve the colourful upma on a plate along with your favourite chutney.