Sunday, August 10, 2008
Ullipaya Pakodi (Onion Fritters)
Gram flour or besan-1 cup
Rice flour-1 cup
Onions-2 large sized
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Garam masala powdwer-1 teaspoon
Oil for deep fry
1. Wash and cut the onions into long and thin slices. Add the sieved gram flour and rice flour in a big bowl.
2. Add salt, garam masala, turmeric powder, chiili powder and two tablespoons of hot oil to the flour.
3. Mix all the ingredients into a batter by using a little water. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium flame and drop the batter into the oil using fore fingers.
4. Fry them until they turn brown and drain them on a paper towel.
5. Enjoy hot, hot pakodis with a cup of coffee on a rainy evening…