Friday, August 22, 2008
Masala Free Potato Cabbage Curry With Chapathi
Cubed potatoes-2 cups
Shredded cabbage-2 cups
Chopped coriander leaves-a few
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
1. Wash and cut the tomato and chillies into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a vessel and add cumin seeds.
3. Let them splutter and add the cut tomato and chilli pieces.
4. Fry them for two minutes on a medium flame and add the cubed potatoes and shredded cabbage.
5. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and mix well
6. Fry them for two minutes and add a cup of water.
7. Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. Add the chopped coriander leaves anfd turn off the stove.
9. Serve this simple masala free curry with chapathis…
10. Mix two cups of wheat flour with a pinch of sugar, salt, a tablespoon oil and enough water into a tight dough. Keep it aside for 15 minutes and divide them into balls. Roll the balls into circle shapes by using a roller pin. Heat the pan and roast the chapathis on both sides by adding a tablespoon of oil and serve them hot...