In Telugu, we call Bottle Gourd Sorakaya. The announcement for the event
'Vegetable of the Week-Bottle Gourd',
reminded me Sorappalu. It is a very good evening snack.
This is my submission for the event-Vegetable of the Week-Bottle Gourd hosted by http://creativepooja.blogspot.com/
Rice flour – 3 cups
Grated bottle gourd– 3 cups
Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – a few chopped
Hot oil-2 tablespoons
Oil for deep fry
1. Mix all the above ingredients into a big bowl and make dough by adding two tablespoons of hot oil.
2. The grated bottle gourd itself is watery, so there is no need to add water to make the dough. Divide the dough into small balls.
3. Take a greased plastic cover and flatten the balls by patting them with your fore fingers.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium flame and fry them in batches.
5. Serve them hot. Hmmm...spicy...crispy...tasty...:)