This is my submission for the event-Think Spice...Think...Fenugreek, hosted by http://kittensinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-turn-think-spice-think-fenugreek.html
Cauliflower florets-4 cups
Red dry chilli powder-5 tablespoons
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds-1 tablespoon
Lime or lemon juice-4 tablespoons
1. Wash and keep the cauliflower florets in warm salt water for two minutes.
2. Drain the water and wipe them with a dry towel and lay them on a cloth under the sun or under the fan for ten minutes to make sure they are not wet.
3. Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and grind them into a powder.
4. Gind the garlic into a coarse paste.
5. Take a big bowl and add the cauliflower florets, chilli powder, salt, fenugreek powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, lime juice and oil to it.
6. Wipe your hands with a dry towel and mix all the ingredients thoroughly and transfer them into a clean dry bottle.
7. Cover it for one or two days and mix it again.
8. Serve it with hot rice or chapathis. This pickle keeps for two weeks.