This is my submission for the event - JFI - Nov'08 - Festival Treats ( started by Mahanandi-Indira), hosted by http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com/2008/09/announcing-jfi-nov08-festival-treats.html .
Sajja pindi or bajra-2 cups
Grated jaggery-1 cup
Cardamom powder-a pinch
Oil for deep fry
1. Melt the jaggery in two cups of water and seive this syrup into a bowl to make sure that there is no sand or stones in the jaggery.
2. Add the cardamom powder and bajra flour to the seived syup and mix it well with hand into a soft dough.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and divide the dough into small balls.
4. Take a plastic sheeth or alumininum foil and apply some oil on it to make the rounds into circles.
5. Fry the circles in batches on a low flame until they turn brown in colour. Serve them with garelu :)
Please click here: http://dailymeals.blogspot.com/2007/09/green-moong-dal-wada.html to check the pesara garelu or Moong Dal Vada recipe…