Thursday, May 08, 2008
Tomato Paneer Curry
Tomatoes-6 (medium sized)
Paneer-1o small cubes
Coriander leaves-a few
Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and chopped green chillies and fry them until they turn light brown in colour.
3. Add the turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste and fry them for a few more seconds.
4. Add the chopped tomato pieces and cook it on a medium flame until it becomes thick. Lower the flame and add the red chilli powder and salt.
5. Heat the paneer cubes in the oven for 2 minutes and wash them with cold water or keep the paneer cubes in hot water for 2-3 minutes and wash them with cold water.
6. Add the paneer cubes to the curry and cook them for 2 more minutes.
7. Add the garam masala and stir well. Cook for a few seconds and turn off the stove.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with plain rice or chapathis. Whenever I am in a hurry, I make this quick and simple curry.