This is my submission for the event-The Potato Fe(a)st hoasted by DK of culinarybazaar.blogspot.com/2008/01/yet-another-event-potato-feast.html
and for the event-Ode to Potato hosted by Sia of
Boiled potatoes-5 medium sized
Curry leaves-a few
Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Grated coconut (fresh)-2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- Peel the skin of boiled potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Grind the green chillies, chopped onions, cumin seeds, fresh coconut and curry leaves into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the grinded paste until it turns into brown colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and potato pieces.
- Mix well and fry it for two minutes on low flame. Add ¼ cup of water and let it cook for four minutes.
- Once the curry becomes thick, turn off the stove. Serve hot with plain rice and rasam. You can serve it with rotis too.
Note: Since we are using green chillies, the curry appears light green in colour.