Happy Valentine’s Day!
This is my submission for Theme of the Week-Valentine’s Day event hosted by Pooja of http://creativepooja.blogspot.com
Grated beetroot-2 cups
Fresh grated coconut-1 cup
Sugar-1 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar and cardomam-1 teaspoon
Stirring the grated beetroot and coconut with the ghee…
- Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan and fry the grated be etroot for two minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the coconut and fry for two more minutes.
- Add the sugar and keep on stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Add the remaining ghee and stir until the ghee comes out from the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture onto a greased plate and cut into heart shaped pieces using a biscuit cutter. Sprinkle the cardamom and sugar powder on the top of them.
I have used “Straw Berry Mambo…” jelly mix to make these cute hearts. Dissolve the powder in the water and boil it with sugar. Transfer it into a tray and allow it to cool. Refrigerate it to set and cut it into heart shaped pieces.