This is my submission for AFAM …A Fruit A Month hosted by Latha Narasimhan of http://theyumblog.wordpress.com/and for "Eat Christmas cookies" event hosted by susan of http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2007/11/eat-christmas-cookies-food-blogga-event.html
Cranberries are a major commercial crop in certain
For more details, please visit the following website.
All purpose flour or maida-2 cups
Sugar (powdered)-2 cups
Butter or ghee-1 ½ cup
Baking powder-1 teaspoon
Dried Cranberries-few chopped
vanilla essence-4 drops
Cookies, before baking…
- Mix all the above ingredients into a tough dough except the dry fruits and nuts.
- Roll the dough into big circles using the rolling pin.
- Cut into small circles using a biscuit mold or any small lid. Garnish with the dry fruits and nuts.
- Place them in a greased tray and bake for 5-6 minutes in oven toaster.
- Allow them to cool and store in an air tight container.
Note: We can use other dry fruits like apricot, raisins and other nuts like almond, cashew etc.