Basmati rice-2 cups
Cumin seeds-2 tablespoons
Cinnamon stick-small piece
1. Wash and add four cups of water to the rice, in the rice cooker container. Heat ghee in a pan and add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cashew nuts and cumin seeds.
2. Fry them until brown and add salt. Mix the fried ingredients to the washed rice and cook.
3. If you want to cook directly in one pot, heat the ghee in a big heavy bottomed vessel and add all the ingredients.
4. After frying them, add 4 and ½ cups of water and salt and boil on medium flame. When it starts bubbling, add the rice and lower the flame.
5. Turn off the stove after the rice cooked and serve hot with dal or palak paneer.