Rice -1 cup
Sago or sabudana or Saggu biyyam-1 tablespoon
Gram dal or channa dal-1tablespoon
Water-1 and half cup
Milk-1and half cup
Cashew nuts-5 coarsely pounded
Cardamom powder-1/2 teaspoon
Grated Jaggery-1/2 cup
1. Heat milk and water in a heavy bottomed vessel on medium flame. Meanwhile wash and soak the rice, sago and channa dal in water.
2. When the milk starts to boil, reduce the flame and add the soaked rice, sago and channa dal.
3. Let the rice cook until it becomes soft and add the ghee.
4. Now mix the rice with jaggery, sugar and let it cook until the jaggery melts.
5. Add the cashew nut powder and cardamom powder and turn off the stove.
Note: Don’t add the jaggery before the rice has cooked softly otherwise the milk will curdle. (sometimes jaggery contains salt).