Amla or Indian Gooseberry Pickle
Usirikaya Pachchadi or Nellikai Pickle
Thi is my entry for RCI Karnataka hosted by Asha of Foodies Hope.
Indian gooseberries-10-12 (cut into pieces and remove the seeds)
Chilli powder-1 cup
Salt -¾ cup
Turmeric powder-1 tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds-2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds-2 tablespoons
Garlic paste-3 tablespoons
Lime juice-1/2 cup
1. Wipe the cut gooseberries with a dry towel and keep them aside in a bowl.
2. Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds and powder them.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, garlic paste, and fenugreek and mustard powder to the gooseberry pieces.
4. Now add the lime juice and oil and mix well. Store it in a dry jar.
5. It lasts for one month and goes well with rice, dosa and chapathis.
Note: Make sure that your hands are not wet while making the pickle.