For making the batter:
Rice flour-2 tablespoons
Yogurt (curd)-2 tablespoons
Baking powder-a pinch
Eno fruit salt-1 teaspoon (main ingredient)
Orange juice-2 tablespoons (optional)
For the Syrup:
Lime juice-1 teaspoon
Cardamom powder-1/4 of a teaspoon
Oil and two tablespoons of ghee for deep fry
- Mix the maida, rice flour, baking powder, yogurt, eno fruit salt and orange juice to make a thick batter of pouring consistency using sufficient water.
- Melt the sugar in water and boil it until it reaches single string consistency.
- Now add the cardamom powder and lime juice. Mix it well and turn off the the stove.
- Make a hole in a Ziploc bag and fill it with the batter.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan on a low flame and squeese the batter into swirls carefully when the oil is not too hot.
- Fry them until they turn light brown in colour on both sides and immerse them into the warm sugar syrup for a minute.
- Transfer them onto a serving bowl and enjoy them :)
Note: You can also use an empty ketchup bottle instead of ziploc bag to make the jilebi..