I made plain akki rottis for dinner and we had them with tomato dal and shenga hindi or groundnut chutney powder. They were tasty and yummy..
Let's move on to the recipe :)
What you need:
Rice flour-2 cups
Salt to taste
- Boil the water in a heavy bottomed vessel or in a pan after adding two tablespoos of ghee and salt.
- Turn off the stove and add the flour. Mix it with a wooden ladle or spoon and cover it for a few minutes. While it is still slightly warm, knead it into a soft dough using water if necessary.
- Make orange sized balls using the dough and pat them with your palm or a rolling pin into circles. Dust them with dry rice flour as necessary.
- If you feel that the dough is dry, wet your hands with water while patting.
- Heat the pan and fry the rottis on both sides on a medium flame. Sprinkle a little water on top of the rotti while frying. Serve them hot with chutney or curry of your choice.
Note: You can also make masala akki rotti by adding cumin seeds, grated coconut, grated carrot, chopped green chilliy, onion, ginger, coriander leaves and salt to the rice flour.