Friday, November 21, 2008
Peeled and diced bottle gourd-10-12 pieces
Toor dal or kandi pappu-1 cup
Dry chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Termeric powder-1 teaspoon
Grated jaggery-1 tablespoon
Tamarind pulp-2 tablespoons
For seasoning: Oil-2 tablespoons, dry chilli pieces-4, mustard seeds-1 teaspoon, cumin seeds-1 teaspoon, fenugreek seeds-4-6 and curry leaves-a few.
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the dry chilli pieces, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
2. Once they splutter, add the curry leaves, chopped green chillies and bottle gourd cubes. Fry them for two minutes and add rinsed toor dal.
3. Fry it for a few seconds and add turmeric powder, dry chilli powder, salt, tamarind pulp, grated jaggery and 6 cups of water.
4. Cover the lid and cook it until three whisles are heard.
5. After 10 minutes, open the lid and add the fresh coriander leaves and mix it well. Serve it with hot rice and papad…
Ramya Vijaykumar of http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com/2008/11/in-past-month-my-other-blogger-friends.html passed me this award...Thank you Ramya!
I am passing it to:
Jaya of http://spiceandcurry.blogspot.com/
Menutoday of http://menutoday.blogspot.com/
Prajusha of http://icookipost.com/
Raks Kitchen of http://rakskitchen.blogspot.com/
Bhawna of http://frommypalate.blogspot.com/