Kobbari annam is very simple to make and tastes great. Pepper powder doubles it's flavour and taste...
Ponni rice-2 cups
Fresh grated coconut-1 cup
Curry leaves-a few
Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
Oil or ghee-2 tablespoons
For Seasoning: 1 tablespoon bengal gram or pachi sanaga pappu, 4 pieces of red dry chilli, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1. Cook the rice and allow it to cool.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add red chillies, bengal gram, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. Once they start spluttering, add the curry leaves and coconut powder.
4. Stir well and fry it for 3 minutes on a low flame.
5. Add the pepper powder, cooked rice and salt and mix it well. Turn off the stove and serve it with tomato rasam and papad…