Monday, September 15, 2008
Menthikura Tomato Curry
Menthikura (fenugreek leaves)-1cup
Mulakkada mukkalu (drumstick pieces)-6
Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
For seasoning: Dry chilli pieces-4, mustard seeds-1 teaspoon, Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon and urad dal-1 teaspoon
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Cut the onions and green chillies.
3. Heat the oil in a vessel and add the dry chillies, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal.
4. Fry them for a few seconds and add the cut onions, chillies and ginger-garlic paste.
5. Fry them until they become soft and add fresh fenugreek leaves, drumstick pieces.
6. Fry them for two minutes and add the cut tomatoes.
7. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and cook it on a medium flame after adding a cup of water.
8. Once the curry becomes thick, turn off the stove and serve it with hot rice.
Note: Adding more fenugreek leaves causes bitterness to the curry.