Monday, September 29, 2008
Toor dal-2 cups
Erra gongura (tender red sorrel leaves)-2 cups
Chopped green chillies-4
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Red chilly powder-1 tablespoon
Garlic cloves-2 or hing-a pinch
1 teaspoon mustard seeds, one teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon urad dal, 1 teaspoon gram dal, ¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds, 3-4 dry chilly pieces and a few curry leaves
1. Wash the dal and cook until it becomes soft.
2. Add gongura leaves, chopped green chillies, half of the chopped onion, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt to it and cook it for eight minutes on medium flame.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the dry chillies, garlic, gram dal, urad dal, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, remaining chopped onion and curry leaves.
4. Fry them until they turn brown in colour and add it to the cooked dal.
5. Serve it with hot rice and papad.