Monday, September 22, 2008
Coriander Leaves Powder
I gave this recipe a try after reading it here, http://rakskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/coriander-thokku.html
I made a few changes…it was really yummy…we enjoyed this powder with hot rice and ghee… Thank you Raks Kitchen for sharing this wonderful recipe…
Fresh coriander leaves-2 cups
Gram dal or channa dal-2 tablespoons
Dry red chillies-6
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Tamarind-a small berry sized
Turmeric powder-a pinch
1. Wash and dry the coriander leaves on a towel under the sun or a fan for ten minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the red chillies on a low flame.
2. Add the cumin seeds, gram dal and turmeric powder. Fry them until they turn brown in colour.
3. Add tamarind and fry it for two seconds and turn off the stove.
4. Allow the fried ingredients to cool and grind them into a coarse powder after adding the salt.
5. Now add the coriander leaves and grind it into a coarse powder. Serve it with hot rice and ghee or with dosa or idly…
Note: If we store in a dry jar, it keeps two weeks…