Monday, June 30, 2008
Bottle Gourd Halwa
Grated bottle gourd-2 cups
Crushed aardomam-a pinch
Raisins-a few (optional)
1. Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts on a medium flame until they turn brown in colour.
2. Keep them aside and add the grated bottle gourd in the same pan.
3. Fry it until the raw smell goes and add the sugar and milk. Cook it for 7-8 minutes on a medium flame.
4. When the halwa becomes thick, add the remaining ghee and crushed cardamom.
5. Turn off the stove and serve it hot or chilled.
Note: We can replace the grated bottle gourd with grated carrot, pumpkin or beet root.