Happy Women’s Day!
Gram flour or besan-2 cups
Baking powder-a pinch
Ajwain (Vamu)-2 tablespoons
Oil for deep fry
- Wash and slit the chillies. Remove the seeds and keep them aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the gram flour, maida, salt and baking powder with water into a thick batter.
- Grind azvine with a pinch of salt and 4 tablespoons of gram flour.
- Fill the chillies with the grinded powder and heat the oil in a pan.
- Dip the chillies one by one in the batter and fry them until they turn light golden in colour.
- Let them cool and then dip them in the batter again and fry them until they turn into a nice golden colour.
- Cut the onions and mix them with lime juice and karappodi.
- Now slit the bajjies into half and fill them with the onion mixture.
- Serve hot with tea…yummy…