One of my friend introduced this recipe to me. These are very crispy and tasty.
Rice flour-4 cups
Fresh milk-2 cups
Red chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
White sesame seeds-1 tablespoon
Oil for deep fry
- Add the rice flour, azwine, salt, chilly powder, sesame seeds and turmeric powder into a big bowl.
- Mix the flour into a soft dough using milk and two tablespoons of hot oil.
- If needed add some water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and take some dough and put in the muruku press.
- Once the oil is heated, start pressing the dough into circles in clockwise direction.
- Fry until it becomes brown in colour on both sides.
- Transfer them onto a paper towel and follow the same method for the remaining dough.
- Allow them to cool and store them in an air tight container.