This is my submission for Think spice...think garlic event hosted by Sunita of http://sunitabhuyan.blogspot.com/
Basmathi rice-2 cups
Cubed carrot-1 cup
Cubed beetroot-1 cup
Fresh mint-1 cup
Fresh coriander leaaves-1 cup
Fresh grated coconut-1 cup (optional)
Salt- to taste (1 tablespoon)
Ginger-a small piece
Jeera or cumin seeds-1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds-1 tablespoon
- Wash and soak the rice with 4 cups of water in an electric rice cooker container. Heat the ghee and oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, cardomam, star anise, bay leaves and shajeera and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions, carrot, beetroot, mint and coriabnder leaves and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the grinded paste and fry for two more minutes and mix it with the salt.
- Remove from the stove and add to the rice cooker container and cook it is done.
Note: Before serving mix the rice gently.
Chopped Spinach-4 cups
Cubed Paneer-1 cup
Dry chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch (optional)
Sugar-1 teaspoon (optional)
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Wash and boil the spinach with green chillies and allow it to cool.
- Grind the spinach with garlic, chilly powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt into a paste.
- Heat the paneer in oven for two minutes and wash with cold water or deep fry the paneer in oil and keep them aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the chopped onions.
- Fry the onions for three minutes on medium flame and add the grinded spinach paste.
- Allow it to cook for 5 minutes on low flame and add the paneer.
- Cook for three more minutes and add the garam masala.
- After two minutes turn off the stove and serve with the vegetable pulav or pooris.