Grated carrot-2 cups
Chopped green chillies-3
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Red chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Dry coconut powder-1 tablespoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
For Seasoning: 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, one teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon urad dal, 1 teaspoon gram dal and a few curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the seasoning ingredients and fry for one minute on medium flame.
- Add the onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and fry until it turns brown.
- Now add the grated carrot and mix. Add the turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid for 3-4 minutes and cook on low flame. Take out the lid and add the dry coconut powder and garam masala.
- Fry for two minutes on medium flame and turn off the stove. Serve with the plain rice and sambar or rasam.
Note: Carrot can be replaced by beet root or beans.