Fried Rice and Aloo Koorma with Onion Ritha
Basmathi rice-2 cups
Mixed vegetables (cubed carrot, fresh corn and fresh peas)-1 cup
Garam masala-1 tablespoon
Salt- 1 tablespoon
- 1.Wash and cook the rice with 4 cups of water (not too soft). Let the rice cool.
- 2. Boil the vegetables and keep them aside.
- 3. Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame.
- 4. Add the mixed vegetables and fry for three minutes on low flame.
- 5. Add salt and garam masala, rice and mix well. Turn off the stove and serve hot.
Note: Garnish the rice with chopped spring onions. I didn’t have them when I was preparing this meal.
Boiled and cubed potatoes-2 cups
Dry chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch (optional)
Tomatoes-2 small sized
Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts or sasame seeds or dry or fresh coconut (I have used cashews)
Coriander leaves-a few
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the ground paste.
- Fry until it turns brown in colour and add the boiled potatoes.
- Stir well and add the turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook on medium flame.
- Add the garam masala and stir well. Turn off the stove and add the curd and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Finely chopped onions-2
Chopped green chillies-2
Chopped coriander leaves-a few
Home made Curd (yogurt)-1 cup
1. Take a big bowl.
2. Add the chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt.
3. Add the curd and mix well.
4. Simple and delicious onion ritha is now ready…
5. Serve it with the pulav or fried rice or rotis.