Saturday, December 15, 2007
This is my submission for Think Spice… …Think Cinnamon hosted by Sunita of http://sunitabhuyan.blogspot.com/
Fresh mutter-1/2 cup
Kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)-1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Red chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Cinnamon stick-1 piece
1. Grind the tomatoes, green chillies, cashew nuts, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick into a smooth paste.
2. Heat the oil and ghee in a pan and fry the grinded paste until it turns brown.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and kasoori methi and fry for two more minutes.
4. Heat the paneer in oven for two minutes and wash with cold water.
5. Add mutter and panneer and boil it for five minutes on low flame with sufficient water. This cury tastes very nice with poori or chapathi.
Note: I make this curry when I want to avoid using ginger, garlic, onion and garam masala. Cinnamon gives a nice flavour to this curry.