Grated raw mango (Sour)-1 cup
Red chilly powder-2 tablespoons
Crushed garlic-1 tablespoon
Fenugreek powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
For Seasoning: ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds, ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds, ¼ teaspoon gram dal, ¼ teaspoon urad dal and few curry leaves.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and allow them to cool. Later grind into a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the seasoning ingredients and let them splutter.
- Add the grated mango and turmeric powder. Cook on low flame until oil separates from it.
- Add the crushed garlic, sugar, fenugreek powder, chilly powder and salt. Cook for two more minutes and turn off the stove.
- After cooling, store it in a dry jar. Tastes nice after one day and keeps for ten days, if we don’t use a wet spoon. Goes well with plain rice or dosa.