Ginger Chutney with Green Chillies
This is my submission for Think Spice-Ginger hosted by Sunita of http://sunitabhuyan.blogspot.com/
Sooji or bombai ravva-1 cup
Chopped green chillies-2
Dry red chilly-1
For seasoning : Gram dal-1/4 tesson, urad dal ;-1/4 teaspoon, Cumin seeds-1/4 teaspoon, Mustard seeds-1/4 teaspoon and Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the red dry chilly pieces, gram dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them splutter.
2. Add the chopped pieces of ginger, green chilli and chopped onion and fry them until they become soft.
3. Add 3 cups of water and salt and boil it on medium flame.
4. Lower the flame and add the ravva with continuous stirring. If the ravva is dry roasted for three to four minutes, the upma tastes very nice.
5. Cook it for five minutes and turn off the stove.
Green grams or pesalu-2 cups
Fenugreek seeds or menthulu-1/4 teaspoon
Ginger-1 inch piece
Cumin seeds or jeera-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Soak the green grams overnight along with the rice and fenugreek seeds.2. Wash and grind them with cumin seeds, salt, water and ginger into dosa batter consistency.
3. Heat a non stick pan and pour the batter with a laddle and spread it into a circle.4. Add one teaspoon of oil at the edges of the circle. Let it cook on medium flame.
5. Flip it over and add a laddle of upma and fold it. Serve on a plate. If you do not want to add upma, you can add chopped onions green chillies and fold the pesarattu.
Grated jaggery-2 spoons
Tamarind-small berry sized
Turmeric powder-a pinch
For Seasoning : ¼ teaspoon gram dal, ¼ teaspoon urad dal, ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds, few curry leaves and 4pieces of red dry chilly
Method:1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the green chilli, turmeric powder and cumin seeds on low flame.
2. Before turning off the stove add the tamarind and garlic cloves and fry them for one minute.
3. Peel off the ginger and cut it into small pieces and fry until they turn brown. Grind all the fried ingredients along with the salt and jaggery.
4. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the red dry chilly pieces, gram dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
5. Turn off the stove and add it to the grinded chutney. It will keep for 4-5 days.
Milk- ¾ cup
Red Lable tea powder or any other brand-1 tablespoon
Ginger-1 inch piece
1. Heat the milk and water in a vessel on medium flame and add the tea powder.
2. After boiling for three minutes add the crushed ginger and lower the flame.
3. Add sugar and let it boil for three more minutes.
4. Turn off the stove and filter the tea into a cup using the filter.
5. Drink it hot.